We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeViewAdv exception on collapse all

Hi, sometimes i got an exception when doing a collapse all on the TreeViewAdv I am using Syncfusion 3.2.1 and a IComparer to sort the treeview. Heres the exception that is throwed Thanks you for help See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.NodeToPoint(TreeNodeAdv node) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.ExpandedChanged(TreeNodeAdv node, Boolean expanded) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeNodeAdv.set_Expanded(Boolean value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeNodeAdv.CollapseAll() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.CollapseAll() at CAC.ParameterManagement.AMForm.menuItem4_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\visualc#\parametermanagementadministration\parameteradministration\parameteradministration\parametermanagement.cs:line 1234 at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute() at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- ParameterAdministration Assembly Version: 1.0.2043.17626 Win32 Version: 1.0.2043.17626 CodeBase: file:///C:/visualC%23/ParameterManagementAdministration/ParameterAdministration/ParameterAdministration/bin/Debug/ParameterAdministration.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll ---------------------------------------- log4net Assembly Version: 1.2.0.30714 Win32 Version: 1.2.0.30714 CodeBase: file:///C:/visualC%23/ParameterManagementAdministration/ParameterAdministration/ParameterAdministration/bin/Debug/log4net.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Syncfusion.Tools.Windows Assembly Version: 3.201.1.0 Win32 Version: 3.201.1.0 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/syncfusion.tools.windows/3.201.1.0__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.tools.windows.dll ---------------------------------------- Syncfusion.Shared.Base Assembly Version: 3.201.1.0 Win32 Version: 3.201.1.0 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/syncfusion.shared.base/3.201.1.0__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.shared.base.dll ---------------------------------------- Syncfusion.Core Assembly Version: 3.201.1.0 Win32 Version: 3.201.1.0 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/syncfusion.core/3.201.1.0__632609b4d040f6b4/syncfusion.core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- Caic.Services.UserProfileMgt Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/visualC%23/ParameterManagementAdministration/ParameterAdministration/ParameterAdministration/bin/Debug/Caic.Services.UserProfileMgt.DLL ---------------------------------------- Caic.Services.UserProfileMgtInterface Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/visualC%23/ParameterManagementAdministration/ParameterAdministration/ParameterAdministration/bin/Debug/Caic.Services.UserProfileMgtInterface.DLL ---------------------------------------- NHibernate Assembly Version: 0.5.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.5.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/visualC%23/ParameterManagementAdministration/ParameterAdministration/ParameterAdministration/bin/Debug/NHibernate.DLL ---------------------------------------- DriverExtension Assembly Version: 0.0.7.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.7.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/visualC%23/ParameterManagementAdministration/ParameterAdministration/ParameterAdministration/bin/Debug/DriverExtension.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Data Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll ---------------------------------------- HashCodeProvider Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: CodeBase: file:///C:/visualC%23/ParameterManagementAdministration/ParameterAdministration/ParameterAdministration/bin/Debug/HashCodeProvider.DLL ---------------------------------------- Sybase.Data.AseClient Assembly Version: 1.1.333.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.333.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/visualC%23/ParameterManagementAdministration/ParameterAdministration/ParameterAdministration/bin/Debug/Sybase.Data.AseClient.DLL ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this application or machine (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine rather than being handled by this dialog.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2005 01:04 AM UTC

Hi Marco, I have tested for this issue using the test sample attached in v3.2.1.0 and do not see any crash. Please refer to the test sample and let me know if I have understood your requirements correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem and send it back to us so that we could further investigate this issue. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

KM kmdigliio September 7, 2006 06:07 PM UTC

I too am having the same problem, I am using v4.1.0.62 and anytime I cause the node to collapse programmtically it crashes with the same error as above. Both .Expanded =
False and .CollapseAll cause the same error.

>Hi Marco,
>
>I have tested for this issue using the test sample attached in v3.2.1.0 and do not see any crash. Please refer to the test sample and let me know if I have understood your requirements correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem and send it back to us so that we could further investigate this issue. We appreciate your cooperation.
>
>Regards,
>Guru Patwal
>Syncfusion, Inc.

KM kmdigliio September 7, 2006 06:31 PM UTC

I was able to overcome this issue by calling TreeView.Focus before calling TreeView.CollapseAll

> I too am having the same problem, I am using v4.1.0.62 and anytime I cause the node to collapse programmtically it crashes with the same error as above. Both .Expanded =
False and .CollapseAll cause the same error.

>Hi Marco,
>
>I have tested for this issue using the test sample attached in v3.2.1.0 and do not see any crash. Please refer to the test sample and let me know if I have understood your requirements correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem and send it back to us so that we could further investigate this issue. We appreciate your cooperation.
>
>Regards,
>Guru Patwal
>Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon