We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Legacy Control

I''m forced to continue using the legacy control becuase I need the AddKeywork and RemoveKeyword functionality. You do seem to be be advertising this functionality in the "Dynamic Settings" page of ''Browse Features'' ad, on your front page, for the edit control - but it looks like this is not implemented yet. If this is the case, maybe you should mention that the feature is not yet released. Also, I''m having trouble finding documentation for the legacy edit control - where, exacly, can I find this? Thanks.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 3, 2005 10:50 PM UTC

Hi Michael, Thanks for your feedback on this issue and our apologies for any confusion this may have caused. This feature has been implemented after the release of v3.2.1.0, and our next release - v3.3 due shortly will contain samples and information on the same. We do have support for the Formats Editor dialog that lets you dynamically edit the existing formats or add new ones. We do have an internal v3.3 build available which you could use for checking out the new features in Edit. If you are interested in such a build, please create a Direct-Trac incident in this regard and I will send you the download information for the same. I am afraid, the class reference for the Edit Legacy is no longer available in v3.0.1.0 (or later) releases since it will be phased out soon. The Edit Legacy users guide can be accessed from ...\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Help\Essential Edit Legacy.chm. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this matter. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

MJ Mike J. Keating August 4, 2005 09:38 PM UTC

Thanks for your response, Guru (what a great name). The documentation you pointed me to did have examples for the issue I''m currently dealing with. So, just to clarify, you are saying that the upcomgin 3.3 release has the API''s AddKeyword/RemoveKeyword, or their equivalent? I need to use this functionality programmatically (not through the dialog). Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2005 02:22 AM UTC

Hi Michael, Thanks for the compliment :) Currently the configuration settings can be added dynamically only through the configuration editor dialog. However, we are also working on the programmatic APIs for the same and hope to have it ready in the near future. I will send you an updated private build containing this feature once we accomplish this. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2005 09:50 PM UTC

Hi Michael, Programmatic APIs to dynamically add/remove configuration settings have been added. You could add new formats to the existing configuration file as shown in code below : // Creates format for highlighting methods ISnippetFormat formatMethod = editControl1.Language.Add( "Method", "Text" ); formatMethod.FontColor = Color.HotPink; // Creates format for highlighting properties ISnippetFormat formatMethod1 = editControl1.Language.Add( "Property", "Text" ); formatMethod1.FontColor = Color.Goldenrod; This support will be available in our v3.3 RC due for release shortly and the AdvancedIntellisenseDemo sample illustrates this feature. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

MJ Mike J. Keating August 15, 2005 10:45 PM UTC

This sounds perrrrfect. I''ll be all over it when you release v3.3...shortly:) Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 16, 2005 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Michael, Thanks for the update. We do have an internal build of v3.3 available for testing purposes. Please create an incident in Direct-Trac in this regard and I will update you with the download information for this build. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon