We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Remove the row header in a nested table

Hi, When there is a record I want show ''+'' sign.when there are no child records I want to remove borders in nested table. How can I do this..? Thanks, Prathima

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 1, 2005 09:35 AM UTC

I am not really clear on what you are requesting. But you can use the QueryCellStyleInfo to conditionally adjust style properties on cells. For example, here is code that you can use in the QueryCellStyleInfo event to hide the +/- on records that have no children.
// Prevent the +/- Icon for an empty row
if (e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.RecordPlusMinusCell)
{
	Record r = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentRecord as Record;
	if (r != null && r.ParentTable.TableDescriptor.Name != DataSetBuilder.SALESTRANSACTION_LIST 		
						&& r.NestedTables.Count > 0 && r.NestedTables[0].ChildTable.GetFilteredRecordCount() == 0)
	{
		e.Style.CellType = "Static";
	}
}

PV Prathima Venkobachar August 1, 2005 09:58 AM UTC

I am using the same code.''+'' sign is displaying only when there are child reocrds. The problem I have observed is,I am setting relationship to the assetid column in datable. This column is not added to the visible colunm list. I am seeing a horizontal thick line in the left corner for every rows. I want to remove that thick line . Thanks, Prathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 1, 2005 10:31 AM UTC

Can you change this sample to show the problem you are having and upload? http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_NestedTables_3e5c6aad.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon