We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Rich Text

Hi, I have been playing with the rich text options in the datagrid and I have a few questions. Excuse me if I ask what appears obvious. When I click the dropdown for the rich textbox in the grid, I get a non-Microsoft version that has formatting options. Is that class accessible outside of the grid? Is there a compatibility problem with your RTB and Microsoft''s? Data I write in your RTB is not interpreted in Microsoft''s (outside of the grid). Is there a solution? Thanks, Tom

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 30, 2005 09:00 AM UTC

The dropdown you see in a Richtext cell is a UserControl, GridRichTextEntryPanel. It is not exposed as a control that is automatically loaded in the toolbox, but you can use it outside the grid directly from code. Below is a sample link showing one way to do this. The richtext used in a grid cell should be standard RichText as the grid cell uses the .NEt frameworks'' RichTextBox control. In the sample, there is a form with a grid, a Windows Forms RichTextBox, and a GridRichTextEntryPanel on it. The three controls shared the same richtext. As you change the text in any of the controls, the text in the other controls reflect the changes. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/RTF_cells_e71a116a.zip

TA Tom Affholter July 30, 2005 07:59 PM UTC

Thanks Clay. You wouldn''t have this sample in VB would you? Thanks, Tom

TA Tom Affholter July 30, 2005 07:59 PM UTC

Thanks Clay. You wouldn''t have this sample in VB would you? Thanks, Tom

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 30, 2005 08:05 PM UTC

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/RTF_cells_c9eed987.zip

TA Tom Affholter July 31, 2005 12:56 AM UTC

Thanks Clay. I have a new problem. When I attempted to run your demo it failed. I was missing references to components on the newest Version 3.2.1.0 upgrade. I went to your site, installed it and the demo ran great. Unfortunately the other app I was working on failed - all Syncfusion components disappeared. I lost references to components such as syncfusion.grid, .shared and .tools. I did not have this challenge with the past upgrades. I did try to re-add the references but it appears they were changed to Syncfusion.grid.base (etc.). Is there a quick fix? The install went fine. Thanks again. Tom

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 31, 2005 08:09 AM UTC

You need to remove all the earlier references to syncfusion dlls and replace them with new referencs as the assembly names have changed. The licensing has also been changes. You can read about both changes at \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Infrastructure\Data\readme.htm. If you are using a GridControl and set cell dependent properties or colwidths or rowheights from the designer, then you will also need to run teh convertresx tool on your resx files. Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Utilities\Migration Make sure you run the version associated with the framework you are using. Also, when you run this tool, make sure only the new syncfusion assemblies are in the GAC.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon