We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error in DataAdapter

I have already created several data adapters and I haven't had any problems. I dragged another data adapter (WorkDataAdapter), configure it to point to my db and it's fine. Then when I try to generate the dataset for the WorkDataAdapter, I get this error corresponding to the new data adapter i added. "Retrieving the schema for WorkDataAdapter failed" Unspecified Error: E_fail (0X80004005)! What does this mean? Pls. help. I know that it has nothing to do with my database b/c i only have four fields with two primary keys.

6 Replies

AU Automatichawk October 2, 2002 06:44 PM UTC

> I have already created several data adapters and I haven't had any problems. I dragged another data adapter (WorkDataAdapter), configure it to point to my db and it's fine. Then when I try to generate the dataset for the WorkDataAdapter, I get this error corresponding to the new data adapter i added. "Retrieving the schema for WorkDataAdapter failed" Unspecified Error: E_fail (0X80004005)! What does this mean? Pls. help. I know that it has nothing to do with my database b/c i only have four fields with two primary keys.

AU Automatichawk October 2, 2002 06:48 PM UTC

I'm having the same problem I think we have too many data adapters, but I too only know a little.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2002 01:41 PM UTC

Check the names of the fields in your database tables. I had a field named "Usage" and I was getting the same error. I changed the name to "Usag" and it worked fine. I'm not sure if this will work for you or not, but it might.

JI Jima June 19, 2003 11:41 AM UTC

You may also close all the fiels names within the SQL statement into [] like [tableName.fieldName] instead of renaming the fields.

SE senthil July 8, 2003 11:50 AM UTC

Avoid using reserved names like 'date', 'day', 'time', even 'Language' as column names in the database. It seems that these words can only used my microsoft, and not others.

VW Victor Wynnytsky August 11, 2003 11:58 AM UTC

THANK YOU AUTOHAWK you alone bailed me out I had to add another "data" project to my solution because I hit some limit on the number of adapters (probably 255) allowed in a project. Thank god it's not a solution limit. > I'm having the same problem I think we have too many data adapters, but I too only know a little.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon