We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDBG issue in 3.2.1.1

We are experiancing significant problems with the code which worked under 2.9 after upgrading to 3.2.1.1 version of Syncfusion. Issue 1: We are setting a cell to be a drop down list using following code: gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.CellType = "ComboBox"; gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.CellValueType = typeof(string); gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.DisplayMember = "WorkSetID"; gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.ValueMember = "WorkSetID"; gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.DataSource = routes; gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete; gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.ShowCurrentRow; "WorkSetID" is a property on the object inside the routes collection. The DataSource for the grid is assigned and the cell ( column ) setup as above is mapped to the appropriate property ( which is also called "WorkSetID" ) within the grid data source. The problem is that when we change the value of the cell and move to another cell within the same row the changes are not imidiatelly reflected in the undelying grid Data Source. We have to move to another row or deselect the current row and select it again for the changes to take effect. What are we doing wrong for 3.2 in this code to cause this unexpected behavior?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2005 11:05 PM UTC

Ok. I added following: this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.DirectSaveCellInfo = true; to my grid and it seems to work now. Did the "DierctSaveCellInfo" changed from 2.9 to 3.2 >We are experiancing significant problems with the code which worked under 2.9 after upgrading to 3.2.1.1 version of Syncfusion. > >Issue 1: >We are setting a cell to be a drop down list using following code: >gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.CellType = "ComboBox"; >gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.CellValueType = typeof(string); >gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.DisplayMember = "WorkSetID"; >gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.ValueMember = "WorkSetID"; >gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.DataSource = routes; >gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.AutoComplete; >gridColumns[i].StyleInfo.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.ShowCurrentRow; > >"WorkSetID" is a property on the object inside the routes collection. The DataSource for the grid is assigned and the cell ( column ) setup as above is mapped to the appropriate property ( which is also called "WorkSetID" ) within the grid data source. >The problem is that when we change the value of the cell and move to another cell within the same row the changes are not imidiatelly reflected in the undelying grid Data Source. We have to move to another row or deselect the current row and select it again for the changes to take effect. >What are we doing wrong for 3.2 in this code to cause this unexpected behavior? > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2005 11:34 PM UTC

I am not sure why this is behaving differently between 2.1.0.9 and 3.2.1.1. In both releases, the default behavior is not to save the changes until you leave the row. Setting DirectSavecellInfo will cause teh changes to be saved immendaietly without triggerring edits states on the grid. You can also try calling grid.Binder.EndEdit in CurrentCellCloseDropdown to force the changes to be saved as the DropDown closes.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon