We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Different text for menu and toolbar

Is it possible to set different texts for one BatItem for displaying in menu and on toolbar (in ImageAndText mode)?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 29, 2005 06:45 PM UTC

Hi Ivan, I am afraid such a feature is not supported in the current implementation of XPMenus framework. However, as a workaround you could use two different BarItems with a common Click event handler so that the same task is done when either of them is clicked. Please refer to the test sample attached here that illustrates the same and let me know if this workd for you. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

IO Ivan Obraztsov August 1, 2005 01:18 PM UTC

But in this case we got two same buttons in customize dialog. If I set Customize property for one of it to false, the button will hide during customization.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2005 07:40 PM UTC

Hi Ivan, Yes, since they are 2 separate BarItems both of them would be visible in the Customize dialog if their Customize property is true, and as mentioned by you, the BarItem whose Customize property is false will not be visible in the Customize dialog. But since you wish to treat both these BarItems as one single unit, it would be advisable to set the same value their Customize properties. Let me know if you need any other information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon