We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Programmatically transfering floating control into dockingmanager

Hi, I''m trying to transfer controls between docking managers, and when a control is dragged out of a docking manager into a floating state I create a new parent window and want to dock it into the docking manager of the parent. I got this to work with individual controls, but cannot get it to work when you drag out a tabbed collection of controls. Is there any way to programmatically invoke a similar behaviour to that of when dragging between docking managers where all this is automatically handled for you? I''ve attempted to do this by specifying a new dockInfo and then calling transitFloattoDock on the dockhostcontroller, but this isn''t working correctly. How do I go about fully specifying DockInfo? Am I heading down the right lines with this? I''m using Syncfusion 2.1.0.9 Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks James Osborne

1 Reply

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team July 28, 2005 02:17 PM UTC

Hi James, The Linked manger functionality of the docking manager can be used to achieve that. Please take a look at this attached sample. You can also take a look at this sample for more information on linked managers. C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Tools\samples\Docking Package\LinkedManagers. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks Vijay MDILinkedManager_8043.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon