We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Not moving to another cell after pressing Enter key for a Winform DataGrid

In some cases, you want the cursor staying in the same cell after entering data in a grid cell, then pressing "Enter" key with the System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid. I asked the same question for the Synchfusion GridControl and I got the answer. Synchfusion GridControl is not a data bound control. It has a property "EnterKeyBehavoir" which can be disabled to get the behavior I want. I need to know what I can do with the MS DataGrid and the Synchfusion GridDataBoundGrid. Thank you very much for your help. Jerry

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2005 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Pls put the following code in load event foreach(Control ct in dataGrid1.Controls){ if(ct is TextBox ){ TextBox t=ct as TextBox ; t.Validating+=new CancelEventHandler(t_Validating); } } then u write eventhandler t_Validating.in that u can cancel the change of focus by setting e.Cancel=true >In some cases, you want the cursor staying in the same cell after entering data in a grid cell, then pressing "Enter" key with the System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid. > >I asked the same question for the Synchfusion GridControl and I got the answer. Synchfusion GridControl is not a data bound control. It has a property "EnterKeyBehavoir" which can be disabled to get the behavior I want. I need to know what I can do with the MS DataGrid and the Synchfusion GridDataBoundGrid. > >Thank you very much for your help. > >Jerry >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon