We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

null reference in a Drop-down

Hello, I have gdbg with some cells of dropdown type. All in 2.0.5.0 A dropdown form contains a grouping grid with a custom summary row. A user enters values into a editable column within the grouping grid and presses OK. The total automatically is being displayed in the parent cell in the gdbg. Saving logic in the parent gdbg is implemented in CurrentCellMoved. When a focus is moved to another cell everything works fine. BUT, if a user clicks again on the same drop-down while focus still there (it is still the same parent cell in the gdbg), I get NullReferenceException on Form.ShowDialog() method call. Here are details: ex.Message = "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." ex.StackTrace = " at Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordsDetails.OnEnsureInitialized(Object sender)\r at Syncfusion.Grouping.Element.EnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent)\r at Syncfusion.Grouping.Element.EnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent)\r at Syncfusion.Grouping.RuntimeElementsInTableCollection.Contains(Element value)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTable.RepaintElementsInQueue()\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.SynchronizeGridWithEngine()\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.OnBeforePaint(EventArgs e)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.WndProc(Message& msg)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)\r at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)\r at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)\r at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)\r at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)\r at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)\r at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()\r at OfflineTimeActivity.DropDownFormCellRenderer.OnButtonClicked(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, Int32 button) " I would appreciate if you could help me to resolve this issue. Thanks and sorry for a long description. Igor.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 04:15 PM UTC

I searched for hits on this problem in our forums and Direct Trac. I found this forum thread. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=16087 It looks the problem was fixed a year ago. You might need to update your version to something more current.

IK Igor Kashtelyan July 21, 2005 05:19 PM UTC

Thanks Clay, What is the number of the patch and how can I get it the fastest way? Igor >I searched for hits on this problem in our forums and Direct Trac. I found this forum thread. >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=16087 > >It looks the problem was fixed a year ago. You might need to update your version to something more current.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 06:34 PM UTC

The latest downloads are available from you direct trac home page.

IK Igor Kashtelyan July 21, 2005 09:33 PM UTC

Clay, I checked the Syncfusion source code that we are currently running (it''s 2.0.5.1). ResetRepaintElementsInQueue that was a discussion subject in a thread you mentioned, is not a public method. OnEnsureInitialized though seems to have a code different from that in a thread. What was the solution to this defect? How can I obtain the correct version? We have UAT starting on Monday, but this problem is holding us off. Please advise on how to resolve (even a workaround would be good). Thanks. >The latest downloads are available from you direct trac home page.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 11:21 PM UTC

2.0.5.1 is from April of 2004. That thread is from July of 2004. So, version 2.1.0.9 is teh version after 2.0.5.1, but the latest version is 3.2.1.0 with 3.3.0.0 coming available shortly. Here is the link to our web page where you sign into Direct Trac. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx As soon as you sign in, you will be able to select from a list of versions to download.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon