We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl number of rows limitation

I am using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl to display our huge database of over 2 million rows. I don''t know if the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl can control/display such a large number of rows. Please help me ASAP. Thanks a lot.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 10:28 PM UTC

Hi Erik, Do you want to sort/categorize these data or do you just want to display them in the grid? To just display them there is a VirtualMode support that we provided with the latest patches. If you want to group them there also performance optimizations that allow you to handle larger amount of data but I am not sure if grouping 2 million records is fast enough. Best is if you just try it out. But don''t try it with the latest 3.2.x public release. It will not be able to handle that amount of data. You first need to get a patch from us. We can provide a patch if you open a direct-trac incident. Or you can also wait a couple days for the 3.3 service pack release. Should be out soon. Stefan >I am using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl to display our huge database of over 2 million rows. I don''t know if the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl can control/display such a large number of rows. >Please help me ASAP. >Thanks a lot.

EH Erik Huynh August 24, 2005 11:27 PM UTC

The previous answer is great. Now, I have the same limitation question for Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid can it control/display such a large number of rows? (Like over 2 million rows) What is the maximum number of rows that Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid can display, and for how many fields?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 25, 2005 07:53 AM UTC

Handling 2M records is not so much limited by the GridataBoundGrid as by what technology you use to obtain the 2M records from where you have them stored. So, if you intend to use ADO.NET datasets/datatables, then they and your hardware will be the major players in what performance might see. It is straight-forward to see what you can expect. Create a Datatable with a certain number of rows/columns and set it to be the grid''s DataSource. Here is a little sample. The sample is set to display 400,000 but you can change it to what you want. For my 1G laptop, it took about 1.5 min to create the 2M row datatable and about 2 secs for the grid to display it after it was created. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_31a22bcf.zip

LR Leo Rakita June 17, 2014 07:39 PM UTC

I am using a 32 bit Win 7 system running Syncfusion 9.3.0.61. I was wondering what is the maximum number of rows the syncfusion grid element can support. 

NK Neelakandan Kannan Syncfusion Team June 18, 2014 08:40 AM UTC

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have already updated solution to this reported scenario.

Please refer the below forum,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/windowsforms/gridcontrol/116846

Please let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Neelakandan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon