We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Connecting Rows in GridControl

Hi, I have a GridControl that displays data where subsets of 1 to N rows belong together. Now I want to mark these rows to appear belonging together, e.g. by having a thicker border around each subset of rows. Moreover, the subsets should be kept together even if a user sorts the grid by a specific column. I know, I could implement a specific sorting and care about the visualization myself. But is there any chance to let the grid do this work for me? I tried merged and covered cells, but this is not what I want. Actually, the grouping control would be my solution, but I don''t have a data source. Or is it possible to use the grouping control on a grid without data source? I''m using GridControl 3.0.1.0. Thanks, Christian

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 11:36 AM UTC

In a GridControl, if you want to sort the grid but keep certain sets of data together, then you will have to do custom sorting. And if you want to visually distinguish these sets, then you would have to handle that yourself. The GridGroupingControl would allow you to more easily group data, but the data does have to be in some IList object for the grouping grid. It does not have to be in a datatable, but it does have to be in some kind of typed list.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon