We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can I display AutoComplete''s list?

We are using the autocomplete control attached to a textbox. We are capturing AutoCompleteCustomize and have specialized code. We would like to be able to display the autocomplete list when the user starts to type. There is a method: CloseDropDown() but no ShowDropDown(). Also how can I set an item as selected? I''ve called ProcessAutoComplete(enteredText), but neither of the above two things happen. Thanks......

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 09:37 PM UTC

Hi Karen, When you set AutoComplete on your control did you specify either the AutoSuggest or Both AutoCompleteMode? If you set it to just AutoAppend, that would explain why the popup isn''t opening. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

KW Karen Williams July 20, 2005 12:58 PM UTC

I''ve got the AutoCompleteModes set to Both and though setting it to AutoSuggest doesn''t work either. The special code we''re using allows multiple selections done one at a time which are entered into the textbox, separated by a semicolon. The list drops down on the first selection, but after capturing the entered characters and calling ProcessAutoComplete with them, the list autoappends in the textbox, but doesn''t drop down. Any suggestions?

KW Karen Williams July 21, 2005 03:28 PM UTC

I''ve got the list displaying now. We have special code to place the list relative to the string in the textbox. If I set the AutoCompleteMode to AutoAppend or Both, then the list doesn''t drop down. If I use AutoSuggest, it''ll drop down. Another question....is there at way to manually select the first item in the list?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon