We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Column header out of sync when moving left using keyboard

This is a very weird issue and it only happens when there are hidden columns and keyboard is used to move from right to left. I have a GDBG with hidden columns following certain logic in the application. If I go to the last column to the right and start moving to the the left using LEFT ARROW header is messed up and out sync when scrolling from left outer most cell in screen to next cell in the previous (left) "screen". I have tried several scenarios: (a) if all columns are visible header is sync (b) if I use mouse to scroll right-> left header is sync with hidden columns It is definitely a problem refreshing the header when scrollin to the left using the keyboard. Screen shot is attached. Any help will be appreciated.... TIA Jose OutSyncHeader_7723.zip

13 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2005 05:29 PM UTC

Are you hiding columns using grid.Cols.Hidden[colIndex]? If, try setting the ColWidths to zero instead to see if that avoids this problem. grid.Model.ColWidths[colIndex] = 0;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2005 06:23 PM UTC

Is this a known issue? >Are you hiding columns using grid.Cols.Hidden[colIndex]? If, try setting the ColWidths to zero instead to see if that avoids this problem. > >grid.Model.ColWidths[colIndex] = 0; >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2005 07:11 PM UTC

If the grid is parentted to a container control (like a panel or usercontrol) and the container is not finally sized when the grid is added to the containers control collection, and the grid is not docked.Fill, then the grid''s client area can be clipped by the container and you would see behavior like you described. Are you using a container to hold the grid. Is the grid docked or anchored in a manner that the container is clipping the grid''s client area? This is the only issue of this type that we are aware of in3.2.1.0.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2005 08:30 PM UTC

That''s exactly how this GDBD is used. The workaround you suggested seem to work fine but I had all logic implemented with HideCols where some columns need to be restored and if the width is set to zero I loose the original width. I would really appreciate if you guys can provide a fix for this issue in next release. Thanks, Jose.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2005 09:13 PM UTC

Is your GDBG docked fill, and was it the last control that you added to the container? If you dock it some other way, or it was not the last control added to the contatiner, there is no way to prevent this behavior as you woul dhave to explicitly size teh grid properly in your code when the container''s size chnages in these cases.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2005 10:32 PM UTC

my GDBG is docked fill and it is contained in a user control (ucA). That user control is also contained in another user control (ucB). I removed, reinserted and docked again ucA in ucB just to make sure it was the last control added but I''m still getting the scrolling issue.

SH Shuyang He July 19, 2005 01:49 PM UTC

Hi, Jose I have simliar problem as you. Instead of Set Column widths to zero, I catch HScorll Bar event, everytime scroll chnaged, I refresh Grid. It works fine. I test 400 rows with 25 coluumns. The preformance is not that bad. By The way, I do think this is bug. Hopefully, they can fix in the next release. Thanks. --Shuyang He >This is a very weird issue and it only happens when there are hidden columns and keyboard is used to move from right to left. > >I have a GDBG with hidden columns following certain logic in the application. If I go to the last column to the right and start moving to the the left using LEFT ARROW header is messed up and out sync when scrolling from left outer most cell in screen to next cell in the previous (left) "screen". > >I have tried several scenarios: >(a) if all columns are visible header is sync >(b) if I use mouse to scroll right-> left header is sync with hidden columns > >It is definitely a problem refreshing the header when scrollin to the left using the keyboard. > >Screen shot is attached. > >Any help will be appreciated.... >TIA >Jose > >OutSyncHeader_7723.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 03:30 PM UTC

What versions are you using? Is it 3.2.1.0? I tried to reproduce this problem in this sample using 3.2.1.0. Can you tell us how to see the problem in this sample so we can get this fixed? Or, can you attach a sample project showing this problem? http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/HideColsProblem_7d910c8f.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 03:48 PM UTC

Hi, Clay please take a look the the message I post before. I believe It''s same problems. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=31093 Thanks. --Shuyang He >What versions are you using? Is it 3.2.1.0? > >I tried to reproduce this problem in this sample using 3.2.1.0. Can you tell us how to see the problem in this sample so we can get this fixed? Or, can you attach a sample project showing this problem? > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/HideColsProblem_7d910c8f.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 04:29 PM UTC

It seems to be the same problem. I have same situation where columns are hide/show based on user''s data input. Settin Width to zero is not a solution in my case, for the reasons I explained in previous post. >Hi, Clay > please take a look the the message I post before. I believe It''s same problems. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=31093 > >Thanks. > >--Shuyang He > >>What versions are you using? Is it 3.2.1.0? >> >>I tried to reproduce this problem in this sample using 3.2.1.0. Can you tell us how to see the problem in this sample so we can get this fixed? Or, can you attach a sample project showing this problem? >> >>http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/HideColsProblem_7d910c8f.zip >> >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 05:49 PM UTC

Hi, I''m using 3.201.1.0 Thanks. --Shuyang He >What versions are you using? Is it 3.2.1.0? > >I tried to reproduce this problem in this sample using 3.2.1.0. Can you tell us how to see the problem in this sample so we can get this fixed? Or, can you attach a sample project showing this problem? > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/HideColsProblem_7d910c8f.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 06:07 PM UTC

Hide the columns after the grid is displayed. Add buttton to Hide/Show column in Form1 and you will be able to replicate this issue.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 07:01 PM UTC

We have made this a defect. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=500

Loader.
Up arrow icon