We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

search on grid

hi I want the ctrl + F functionality on the grid. The search should be on a single col. How to go about this? regards, catinat

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2005 01:29 PM UTC

The grid\samples\quickstart\gridpad sample has a Find/Replace menu item on the Edit menu that implements a Find using a GridFindReplaceDialogSink class. Here is a forum thread that discusses how to do this. It has 2 different samples in it (click the little disk icons above the post windows to get the attachments. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=4509

CV Catinat Velmourougan July 19, 2005 10:56 AM UTC

hi Does it work for grouping grid also? If not how to approach the same in grouping grid? regards, Cati

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 19, 2005 11:39 AM UTC

Here is a forum thread discussing seaching in a grouping grid. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=19910

CV Catinat Velmourougan July 21, 2005 06:25 AM UTC

hi I have implemented a simple find based on the filteredrecords concept. Now I have a new requirement,"when a record is found a particular column of the record should become active" I applied the following code : //recordPos is the found record''s position Record record = this.groupingGrid.SyncfusionGridControl.Table.Records[recordPos]; if (this.groupingGrid.SyncfusionGridControl.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Contains("col1")) { record.SetCurrent("col1"); } But the above code just highlights the cell.The requirement is to make the cursor blink on the cell (col1 is an editable col). I also have a find modalless dialog which gets the text to be searched above the grid.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 09:18 AM UTC

After calling GridRecord.SetCurrent, try this code: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.Focus(); this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.BeginEdit(); TextBox tb = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.Control as TextBox; if(tb != null) tb.SelectAll(); The last 2 lines select all the text. If you just want the cursor at the beginning of the text, you can omit those lines.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon