We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tag binding

Hi, Is there an efficient way of setting binding to Tag property of the cell, using DataTable as datasource and GGC? Thank you

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2005 10:58 PM UTC

If you want to set a GridStyleInfo.Tag property on a cell specific basis in a GridGroupingControl, then you have to handle grid.QueryCellStyleInfo and set e.style.Tag based on the values passed in through the event arguments.

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian July 21, 2005 05:46 PM UTC

Is it possible to set the tag in place other than querycellstyleinfo. I have push button cell and on clicking the button user will provide addl info and i would like to store this in tag field. But even after i set the tag property it''s always nothing

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 06:37 PM UTC

In QueryCellStyleInfo, you should have some collection (or something) that holds the object that you assign to e.Style.Tag. When you want to modify the Tag, you need to set the object value in this collection (or something). Are you doing this?

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian July 21, 2005 06:51 PM UTC

Clay, I''m using grid grouping control. There will be two level of data(parent and child). In each row , the user will click a button(pushbutton cell) and prompt user for more info. I would like to store this information in the tag property. I''m handling the cell button clicked event. I don''t think i could do this in QueryCellStyleInfo. Thanks shankar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 08:14 PM UTC

The grouping grid stores no tag property just as it stores no cell values. (It expects to set and save these things to your datasource.) So, you will have to create an object that will store the information you want to save in this Tag object. You will then have to create some kind of collection or array or arraylist or hashtable to store these objects. Here is a little sample that uses a pushbutton click to set values that are held outside the grids DataSource using a hashtable an dthe record as a lookup key. I think you will have to do something similar. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_Unbound_5584d296.zip

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian July 21, 2005 08:58 PM UTC

Clay, Thanks. It works.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon