We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Make a cell read only to user

I would like to make a cell read only for the user of my application. I have tried to set enabled property to false, however, the user cannot select the cell and thus cannot copy the value if they want to. I have also set the ReadOnly property to false, but in doing that I cannot change any of the values which I need to do via the code. Is there a way for me to set the cell so that I can continue to change other property/values of the cell via the application code, and yet keep the user from changing the cell, and allow the user to select the cell to copy its value. Thanks.

2 Replies

DM Desis Machino July 12, 2005 04:24 PM UTC

I just discovered that I can set a property on the Grid called IgnoreReadOnly that will allow me to set ReadOnly and still allow me to change values programatically.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 12, 2005 06:54 PM UTC

You shoul dtoggle the value of IgnoreReadOnly while you make your changes programatically (as IgnoreReadOnly=true will also allow your users to change values too.)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon