We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

buttons in pdf docs

i''m trying to produce an index page for a set of pdf docs, i can create the pdf fine but i''m haing troubles getting the buttons to work. i need the button to open a sepcified pdf file when its clicked. any help would be greatly appreciated Lc

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 12, 2005 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Lc, I am afraid, I am not able to understand your question. Could you please clarify the following * Are you trying to link to external pdf files from within another PDF file? Thanks, Stephen. >i''m trying to produce an index page for a set of pdf docs, i can create the pdf fine but i''m haing troubles getting the buttons to work. i need the button to open a sepcified pdf file when its clicked. any help would be greatly appreciated > >Lc

LC lou C July 12, 2005 04:38 PM UTC

yep i''m trying to dynamically create an index page as a pdf that has links to other pdfs. Lc

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 09:20 AM UTC

Hi Lc, Thanks for the clarification. Currently we do not have support for inserting links that point to external pdf files on disk so I have created a feature request with the development team. You can track the live status of this issue here http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/pdf/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=289 As a temporary workaround you can consider using one of the two approaches 1) Insert a weblink [Essential PDF supports this feature] and make it point to a file on disk. The problem with this approach is that the linked file opens inside a browser. 2) You can also embed the external file inside the main PDF document. I have created a sample to demonstrate both workarounds LinkToExternalFile_274.zip Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon