We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

buttons in pdf docs

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

31514 Jul 8,2005 10:01 AM UTC Jul 21,2005 09:20 AM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: PDF
lou C
Asked On July 8, 2005 10:01 AM UTC

i''m trying to produce an index page for a set of pdf docs, i can create the pdf fine but i''m haing troubles getting the buttons to work. i need the button to open a sepcified pdf file when its clicked. any help would be greatly appreciated Lc

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 12, 2005 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Lc, I am afraid, I am not able to understand your question. Could you please clarify the following * Are you trying to link to external pdf files from within another PDF file? Thanks, Stephen. >i''m trying to produce an index page for a set of pdf docs, i can create the pdf fine but i''m haing troubles getting the buttons to work. i need the button to open a sepcified pdf file when its clicked. any help would be greatly appreciated > >Lc

lou C
Replied On July 12, 2005 04:38 PM UTC

yep i''m trying to dynamically create an index page as a pdf that has links to other pdfs. Lc

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 21, 2005 09:20 AM UTC

Hi Lc, Thanks for the clarification. Currently we do not have support for inserting links that point to external pdf files on disk so I have created a feature request with the development team. You can track the live status of this issue here http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/pdf/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=289 As a temporary workaround you can consider using one of the two approaches 1) Insert a weblink [Essential PDF supports this feature] and make it point to a file on disk. The problem with this approach is that the linked file opens inside a browser. 2) You can also embed the external file inside the main PDF document. I have created a sample to demonstrate both workarounds LinkToExternalFile_274.zip Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;