We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dock a Form

Hi, I need to dock multiple forms within a host form using dockmanger. I also need to refresh controls/data on a dock form based on some activity on some other dock form. Is there any working sample for this? Please do help me. Martin

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2005 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Martin, Are you referring to an MDI scenario? If so, please refer to our MDI sample in the Sample Browser and the following KB article: How do I use linked docking managers in an MDI application?/a> Alternatively, are you just referring to a situation where you have a few docked controls and you want to be notified when the docking state of one of them is changed? If that''s the case, please refer to the DockingManager events DockControlActivated, DockStateChanged, and DockVisibilityChanged. If you have any further questions, please don''t hesitate to ask. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2005 08:23 PM UTC

No this is not exactly what I am looking for. I don’t want the MDI effect. Like you can dock a panel or any control within a host form and that panel has some other control in it. Now instead of docking a panel I want to dock a separate form itself. I need to dock more than 2 forms within a host forms as docking control. Since my dock control are separate forms, what would be the best way to communicate between them. Regards, Martin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2005 07:23 PM UTC

Hi Martin, Assuming I correctly understand your application, I would think that you could just add methods to each of these Forms. These Forms can then call these other methods whenever you need to notify another Form of something. Alternatively, you could implement your own set of events. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 12, 2005 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Martin, Please refer to this KB Article. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=31 Thanks, Stephen. >Hi Martin, > > Assuming I correctly understand your application, I would think that you could just add methods to each of these Forms. These Forms can then call these other methods whenever you need to notify another Form of something. > > Alternatively, you could implement your own set of events. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon