We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

QueryCanMergeCells

Hi I am experiencing problems with cell merging in a virtual grid control. I initialise the grid control with grid.Model.MergeCellsMode = OnDemandCalculation|MergeRowsInColumn; I want all columns to be queried for cell merge. The only way I found to achieve this was to set the initial column count to the max number of columns I need and iterate the ColStyles collection setting MergeCell = RowsInColumn. The initial display of data works correctly. However, as I change the data in the grid, the QueryCanMergeCells events is repeatedly fired, but not for all cells in view. The result is that some cells are not correctly merged. QueryCellInfo is correctly fired for all cells so why not QueryCanMergeCells? How can I force the grid to fire the QueryCanMergeCells event for all visible cells? Best Regards Jason

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2005 06:58 PM UTC

Does setting grid.TableStyle.MergeCell = RowsInColumn make it unnecessary to loop through the ColStyles in your code?

JA Jason Allen July 7, 2005 08:17 AM UTC

Yes it does, it also appears to fix the event problem. Thank you very much! Jason. >Does setting > >grid.TableStyle.MergeCell = RowsInColumn > > >make it unnecessary to loop through the ColStyles in your code?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon