We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual Grid Selection

I am using a virtual grid. Since the grid is only aware of a subsection of the data at a time, my data source/model keeps track of selection. When the top index is changed any rows which are selected in the source are set a selected in the grid. This works fine except for one case I encountered. Lets say the user selects row 5. The user performs a sort action which moves the data offscreen to row 100. I tell the grid to deselect row 5. Now my source has the item selected at row 100, but the grid does not know about it. When the user single clicks on a cell there is no "Clear" selection changing event. This kind of makes sense since the grid thinks it has no selection, but that is not really the case in my situation. Is there a way to prevent the grid from being so smart so that it generates the "Clear" selection changing event, even if there are no items selected in the grid?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2005 09:07 PM UTC

The grid will not raise the SelectionsChanging/Changed events, but you can raise the events yourself by calling this.gridControl1.Model.RaiseSelectionChanging / this.gridControl1.Model.RaiseSelectionChanged. Your datasource would have to track its selections and when they are cleared because the user clicks on the grid without a ctl or shift, then you could call these methods to raise the event you want to see.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2005 09:23 PM UTC

I kind of thought that is what I would have to do. I just thought that there might be a short-cut. Thanks for you help.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon