We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Performance in gridGroupingControl

Hi, I need a suggestion in handling a following requiremnt using gridgroupingControl. I have a requirenment of loading 50 columns and approximately 5000 records. In 50 columns more than 15 columns are selection based value which are combobox. Combobox are filled from the database. We have observed a major performance hit when we load the form when there is more no. of combobox.When I try to scroll horizontally , painting is taking more time. We want grouping functionlaity. After loading we want to update the values to the database. Update can be row by row or batch update. Before update we need to validate the data. All the columns can be updated. Data is loaded from multiple tables and should be updated to multiple tables. Can we handle this type of requirement using gridGroupingControl..? Is there any feasible solution...? Thanks, Prathima

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2005 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Prathima, You should be able to display those comboboxes by using RelationKind.ForeignKeyReference relations as shown in the ForeignKeyReference example. Were you already using that approach or were you using .CellType = "ComboBox" with .DataSource set instead? We do also have some performance improvements with the latest private patches for ForeignKeyReference relations. You can open a direct tract incident. Then we''ll send you download details. Use the CurrentRecordContextChange event for information when record needs validating and is about to be saved to the underlying database. With ForeignKeyReference relations you are able to drop down the related table and add items to it or rename existing entries. Stefan >Hi, > >I need a suggestion in handling a following requiremnt using gridgroupingControl. >I have a requirenment of loading 50 columns and approximately 5000 records. >In 50 columns more than 15 columns are selection based value which are combobox. >Combobox are filled from the database. >We have observed a major performance hit when we load the form when there is more no. of combobox.When I try to scroll horizontally , painting is taking more time. >We want grouping functionlaity. > >After loading we want to update the values to the database. >Update can be row by row or batch update. >Before update we need to validate the data. >All the columns can be updated. > >Data is loaded from multiple tables and should be updated to multiple tables. > >Can we handle this type of requirement using gridGroupingControl..? >Is there any feasible solution...? > >Thanks, >Prathima >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon