We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking order/priority

Is there a way to specify the priority of the docked panels when they are "pinned"? In my case, I would like the panels that are docked on the left and right borders to always go from the top to the bottom of the parent form and the panels docked on the top and bottom to always fit between the 2 panels on the left and right. I thought at first that the order in which the panels were docked might affect this, but I still see that it depends on the order in which the user "pins" the panels. Thanks for you help, Mike

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2005 10:04 PM UTC

Hi Mike, DockingManager uses a variant of a TabControlAdv internally to create the tabs for the auto-hidden windows. Therefore the windows appear in the order they''re added to the collection. I don''t believe there is any simple way to alter this behavior. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

MW Mike Witt July 7, 2005 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Gregory, I had accidentally posted some powerpoint slides as a reply to a different message. I''m trying to do that again this morning, but I am not able to get the attachment page to load (keeps timing out). So, let me refer you to the other posting:

MW Mike Witt July 7, 2005 01:56 PM UTC

Ok, that link didn''t work out very well ... so please look at my post here: http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=30885 Thanks again.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 12, 2005 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Mike, I am afraid that it is the intended behaviour of the docking manager. Could you please clarify what you mean by "But, once the pinning takes place (due to the fact that we are not allowing drag and drop of the docked panels), this cannot be changed except by shutting down the application and restarting." If your requirement is to restore the desired state during runtime then, you could save the desired layout and load that state whenever you require. Thanks, Stephen. >Ok, that link didn''t work out very well ... so please look at my post here: > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=30885 > >Thanks again.

MW Mike Witt July 17, 2005 01:34 PM UTC

Take a simple case, if I have panel A docked to the top and panel B docked to the right and they are both initially hidden, it makes a difference to the layout which one I expand and pin first. If I expand panel A first and pin it, panel A takes the whole width of the form and when panel B is expanded and pinned, its top will start under panel A. However, if I expand and pin panel B first, it will take up the entire height of the form and panel A, when it is expanded and pinned, its right edge will end at panel B''s left edge. Once either of these scenarios takes place, the layout is determined and it cannot be changed. That is the problem, I''d like a way to unambiguosly determine the layout programmatically. Thanks for your help, Mike >Hi Mike, > >I am afraid that it is the intended behaviour of the docking manager. Could you please clarify what you mean by > >"But, once the pinning takes place (due to the fact that we are not allowing drag and drop of the docked panels), this cannot be changed except by shutting down the application and restarting." > >If your requirement is to restore the desired state during runtime then, you could save the desired layout and load that state whenever you require. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>Ok, that link didn''t work out very well ... so please look at my post here: >> >>http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=30885 >> >>Thanks again.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon