We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Copy Paste Multiple cells

Hi When i select multiple cells and copy them, and paste them ,the values are not pasted in the cells. The values in the cells are Hex values. Do i have to enable any flag to support this? or let me know how to do this. I am currently using CutPaste.copy and CutPaste.Paste to do the operations.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2005 09:44 AM UTC

Are you using some type of special cell control to display the hex values? If so, then when you copy/paste, you need to make sure the target cell is also of this same special type. If you are using a GridControl, then I think this should happen without further work as the default behavior is to copy both style and text information to the clipboard. But if you are using a GridDataBoundGrid, then only text information is put onto teh clipboard, and this means that the target cells may not have the proper CellType to display the hex values. Another thing to check is whether you have any menu items or toolbar item which might be using teh same hot keys as copy/paste. If so, this could interfere with the grid''s default copy/paste support.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2005 10:03 AM UTC

Hi clay I am not using any special control. When I select a single cell and copy and paste it in another cell it works. But when I select multiple cells(in different rows) and copy and paste it in another cell, it doesn''t work. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2005 11:21 AM UTC

What kind of grid are you using? Do you see any exceptions being thrown in your output window? What events are you handling? What hotkeys do you have assigned to menu items or toolbar items? Can you upload a sample showing the problem, or can you see the problem in any sample we ship?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon