We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Group a numeric column based on defined value rages

Hello, I want to add a classifcation function to GGC. When i right click on a column header, it will display a form to let user define several value ranges for the numeric column, then it will add the column to group based on the defined column value ranges. How can I group a numeric column based on defined value rages? any samples? Lan

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2005 09:38 PM UTC

Here is a kb link discussing this. http://64.78.18.34/Support/article.aspx?id=10507

LM Lan Mo July 3, 2005 08:44 PM UTC

Hello, This sample is what I want. I didn''t see where is the code to group col2 to five ranges: 1: " < 10"; 2: "10 - 19"; 3: "20 - 29"; 4: "30 - 39"; 5: " >= 40"; For example, if I want to group col2 by three ranges: "Col2<20", "20<=col2<35" and "35<=col2" How and where I add the code in? Thanks, >Here is a kb link discussing this. > >http://64.78.18.34/Support/article.aspx?id=10507

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 3, 2005 11:01 PM UTC

You would change two methods.
private void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
	if (e.TableCellIdentity.GroupedColumn != null && e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup != null
		&& e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.Category is int
		)
	{
		if (e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement is CaptionRow
			&& e.TableCellIdentity.GroupedColumn.Name == "Col2")
		{
			int cat = (int) e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.Category;
			string ret = "";
			switch (cat)
			{
				case 1:     
					ret = " < 20";
					break;
				case 2:     
					ret = "20 - 35";
					break;
				case 3:     
					ret = "> 35";
					break;
			}
			e.Style.CellValue = String.Format("{0}: {1} Items.", ret, e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.GetChildCount());
		}
	}
}

public static int GetCategory(int i)
{
	int ret = 0;
	if(i < 20)
		ret = 1;
	else if(i >= 20 && i < 35)
		ret = 2;
	else  
		ret = 3;
	return ret;
}

LM Lan Mo July 4, 2005 06:18 PM UTC

Hello, Your code works fine for "int" type column "col2". How can I make it also work for "datatime" type and "double" type columns? Thanks, >You would change two methods. > >
>private void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
>{
>	if (e.TableCellIdentity.GroupedColumn != null && e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup != null
>		&& e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.Category is int
>		)
>	{
>		if (e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement is CaptionRow
>			&& e.TableCellIdentity.GroupedColumn.Name == "Col2")
>		{
>			int cat = (int) e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.Category;
>			string ret = "";
>			switch (cat)
>			{
>				case 1:     
>					ret = " < 20";
>					break;
>				case 2:     
>					ret = "20 - 35";
>					break;
>				case 3:     
>					ret = "> 35";
>					break;
>			}
>			e.Style.CellValue = String.Format("{0}: {1} Items.", ret, e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentGroup.GetChildCount());
>		}
>	}
>}
>
>
>public static int GetCategory(int i)
>{
>	int ret = 0;
>	if(i < 20)
>		ret = 1;
>	else if(i >= 20 && i < 35)
>		ret = 2;
>	else  
>		ret = 3;
>	return ret;
>}
>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 4, 2005 07:01 PM UTC

Here is a sample where Col2 is a DataTime and the code groups the dates by Months. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/CustomizedGrouping_351ad4f.zip You modify the GetCategory method to accept the type of your object (double or DateTime), and return a value to indicate the group the passed in value belongs to.

LM Lan Mo July 5, 2005 12:55 PM UTC

Hello Clay, Thank you for your excellent support. Now my "grouping by range" function works well. I would like say your support is the best I''ve ever had. Lan >Here is a sample where Col2 is a DataTime and the code groups the dates by Months. >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/CustomizedGrouping_351ad4f.zip > >You modify the GetCategory method to accept the type of your object (double or DateTime), and return a value to indicate the group the passed in value belongs to. > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon