We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Focus on row following data refresh

Hello- I do data refreshing in my derived grid via. a right click -> refresh function that simply gets a fresh DataTable and attaches it to the grids .DataSource, thereby replacing the previously attached DataTable. I preserve the current .Sort and then apply it to the newly attached DataTable, which works fine. However, I'm not exactly sure of the most efficient method for going to the previously selected row and making sure said row is focused in the grids view. I'm connecting to back-end tables with, potentially, thousands of records. Oh yea, all tables contain a primary key identity field. Thank You Mike Reynolds

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2003 07:51 PM UTC

Can you get based on the primary key the position of the row in the new datasource? If you have the position in the datasource you can use grid.Binder.ListManagerPositionToRowIndex(pos) to get the row index at which the record is displayed and then call CurrentCell.MoveTo passing in the row index. Let me know if I misunderstood you. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon