We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

removing multiple tree nodes

Hi I set my treeview control selection mode to MultiSelectSameLevel. Now, I want to be able to delete all the selected nodes. However, I following lines of code don''t seem to work foreach(TreeNodeAdv node in treeViewAdv1.SelectedNodes) treeViewAdv1.Nodes.Remove(node); I could only delete a single selected node by using treeViewAdv1.selectedNode.remove() Also, is there a sample on how to edit the tree such as cut, copy, paste, and insert. I realized that the dragNdrop sample perform the same concept as that of cut & paste. However, I want to allow the user to cut/copy & paste multiple nodes. Any suggestions?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2005 09:19 PM UTC

Hi Tiff, The reason that your Remove(node) call isn''t working is that the Nodes in TreeViewAdv are stored in a true Tree structure. So Nodes that aren''t on the top level won''t be present in the TreeViewAdv.Nodes collection. You''ll need to use the Parent property like this: foreach (TreeNodeAdv node in this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNodes) { if (node.Parent == null) { this.treeViewAdv1.Nodes.Remove(node); } else { node.Parent.Nodes.Remove(node); } } I''m not aware of any sample that demonstrates copying, cutting, and pasting nodes, but I''ll see if I can throw one together for you. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2005 10:10 PM UTC

Hi Tiff, I need to make a correction to my previous answer. You need to call Clone() on the SelectedNodes collection, since TreeNodeAdv will modify it during the iteration. Also, I have created a KB article regarding your other question. Please take a look at it and let me know if you have any questions. TreeViewAdv: How do I cut, copy, and paste nodes? Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

TI Tiff June 29, 2005 11:14 PM UTC

Hi Gregory Thanx for the tips. It''s great

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon