We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Link License File for v3.2.0

Just a warning for everyone. If you are trying to use a link license version for a dedicated build server, you will need Visual Studio installed for it to work. If you have a dedicated build server that only has the command-line only interfaces, this will not work for you. Unbelieveably, the link is the same version as the client setup, but with a different license key. Therefore, when trying to install, you will get an error "Could not find Visual Studio". I have submitted an incident report, requesting immediate resolution, but have not heard anything to date. We are currently evaluating if Syncfusion is the direction we want to head in as a result.

2 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team June 28, 2005 10:31 PM UTC

Hi Tim, Visual Studio.NET is only required for the samples to be built on demand. I am not sure why the install fails if Visual Studio.NET is not installed on the server. We will investigate this and provide you with a resolution very soon. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Daniel >Just a warning for everyone. If you are trying to use a link license version for a dedicated build server, you will need Visual Studio installed for it to work. If you have a dedicated build server that only has the command-line only interfaces, this will not work for you. > >Unbelieveably, the link is the same version as the client setup, but with a different license key. Therefore, when trying to install, you will get an error "Could not find Visual Studio". > >I have submitted an incident report, requesting immediate resolution, but have not heard anything to date. We are currently evaluating if Syncfusion is the direction we want to head in as a result.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team June 30, 2005 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Tim, Thanks for bringing this up. We have sent you information to download a temporary installation. Best regards, Daniel If anyone else has the same issue please let us know. >Hi Tim, > >Visual Studio.NET is only required for the samples to be built on demand. I am not sure why the install fails if Visual Studio.NET is not installed on the server. We will investigate this and provide you with a resolution very soon. > >Thank you for your patience. > >Best regards, >Daniel > >>Just a warning for everyone. If you are trying to use a link license version for a dedicated build server, you will need Visual Studio installed for it to work. If you have a dedicated build server that only has the command-line only interfaces, this will not work for you. >> >>Unbelieveably, the link is the same version as the client setup, but with a different license key. Therefore, when trying to install, you will get an error "Could not find Visual Studio". >> >>I have submitted an incident report, requesting immediate resolution, but have not heard anything to date. We are currently evaluating if Syncfusion is the direction we want to head in as a result.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon