We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Link License File for v3.2.0

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

31012 Jun 28,2005 05:19 PM Jun 30,2005 10:06 AM General Discussion 2
Tags: General Discussion
Tim Patterson, smConsulting
Asked On June 28, 2005 05:19 PM

Just a warning for everyone. If you are trying to use a link license version for a dedicated build server, you will need Visual Studio installed for it to work. If you have a dedicated build server that only has the command-line only interfaces, this will not work for you. Unbelieveably, the link is the same version as the client setup, but with a different license key. Therefore, when trying to install, you will get an error "Could not find Visual Studio". I have submitted an incident report, requesting immediate resolution, but have not heard anything to date. We are currently evaluating if Syncfusion is the direction we want to head in as a result.

Daniel Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 28, 2005 06:31 PM

Hi Tim, Visual Studio.NET is only required for the samples to be built on demand. I am not sure why the install fails if Visual Studio.NET is not installed on the server. We will investigate this and provide you with a resolution very soon. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Daniel >Just a warning for everyone. If you are trying to use a link license version for a dedicated build server, you will need Visual Studio installed for it to work. If you have a dedicated build server that only has the command-line only interfaces, this will not work for you. > >Unbelieveably, the link is the same version as the client setup, but with a different license key. Therefore, when trying to install, you will get an error "Could not find Visual Studio". > >I have submitted an incident report, requesting immediate resolution, but have not heard anything to date. We are currently evaluating if Syncfusion is the direction we want to head in as a result.

Daniel Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 30, 2005 10:06 AM

Hi Tim, Thanks for bringing this up. We have sent you information to download a temporary installation. Best regards, Daniel If anyone else has the same issue please let us know. >Hi Tim, > >Visual Studio.NET is only required for the samples to be built on demand. I am not sure why the install fails if Visual Studio.NET is not installed on the server. We will investigate this and provide you with a resolution very soon. > >Thank you for your patience. > >Best regards, >Daniel > >>Just a warning for everyone. If you are trying to use a link license version for a dedicated build server, you will need Visual Studio installed for it to work. If you have a dedicated build server that only has the command-line only interfaces, this will not work for you. >> >>Unbelieveably, the link is the same version as the client setup, but with a different license key. Therefore, when trying to install, you will get an error "Could not find Visual Studio". >> >>I have submitted an incident report, requesting immediate resolution, but have not heard anything to date. We are currently evaluating if Syncfusion is the direction we want to head in as a result.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;