We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Virtual Grid and Splitter Control

Hi, I'm using a Grid in conjunction with a Splitter Control. I have implemented the 4 events required for Virtual Grids + activate, deactivated and mousedown. When I drag the splitter control open (so the same grid is displayed in two panes), the new pane does not seem to have any of the events hooked up, therefore the virtual grid does not work in the second pane. Any ideas? Cheers, Ian Mega

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2003 10:55 AM UTC

You have to handle the PaneCreated and PaneClosing events, and wire and unwire your grid events there. There are several samples of this in the Grid\Samples that ship with the product. Take a look at the Grid\Samples\DataBound\RecordNavDataBound sample. If you search in Grid\Samples for paneClosing, you will find others as well. The reason for this requirement is that there is a new GridControl created when a new pane is created. So, there may be many GridControls sharing the one GridModel which holds the data. These controls come and go as you create and close new panes. So when a new GridControl is created, you have to subscribe to the events you want to handle. To clean things up, when the pane is removed you should also unhook the events.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon