We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docked windows change positions

Hi, I have a problem with the docking manager. I do a SaveState() and LoadState() to persist Docking information. It works most of the time but sometimes when i load the app all the docked controls appear but are docked in different positions. Any reply is appreciated. Thanks This is the code I''''m using and my Syncfusion version is 2.1.0.9 While loading (Constructor) AppStateSerializer.InitializeSingleton(SerializeMode.XMLFile, DEFAULT_SAVEDOCKINFO_FILE ); this.m_DockManager.LoadDockState(); While closing this.m_DockManager.SaveDockState();

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2005 06:27 PM UTC

Hi Dan, I believe this was a problem specific to v2.1.0.9 that has been corrected since. LoadDockState and SaveDockState function correctly in our current release, v3.2.1.0. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

MW Mike Witt July 6, 2005 05:06 PM UTC

Hi Gregory, Thanks for your reply. I''m not totally sure that we are both talking about the same thing. So, I''ve attached some powerpoint slides to show some screen shots. Thanks again, Mike docking-issue_992.zip

MW Mike Witt July 7, 2005 01:49 PM UTC

Sorry ... replied to the wrong post!

PI Pino September 29, 2005 03:27 PM UTC

I''m working on the v3.2.1 but this problem is still there, any solution?? Regards Pino >Hi Dan, > > I believe this was a problem specific to v2.1.0.9 that has been corrected since. LoadDockState and SaveDockState function correctly in our current release, v3.2.1.0. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team September 29, 2005 03:49 PM UTC

Hi Pino, This issue has been reported by some customers but we have not been able to trace the issue. The recommended alternative is to persist to a file //Load the saved dock state Docking Manager NewDockStateEndLoad event //Serializing. if(!initialized) //Just to make sure that LoadDockState does not go into a loop. { initialized = true; //De-Serializing. Make sure it doesnt go into an infinite loop when used in NewDockStateEndLoad event handler. AppStateSerializer aser = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode.XMLFile,"DockState"); this.dockingManager1.LoadDockState(aser); } private void Form1_Closing(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) { AppStateSerializer aser = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode.XMLFile,"DockState"); this.dockingManager1.SaveDockState(aser); aser.PersistNow(); } Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon