We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExcelRW: Failure reading styles while opening file

Hi! I''ve had an error while opening a sheet (see enclosed excel file), and the exception says it''s a style problem. This is stack dump I had when I had the error: System.ArgumentException: Collection already contains style with same names NotDeclared_5. at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.Collections.StylesCollection.Add(IStyle style) at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.CreateStyle(ExtendedFormatImpl format, StyleRecord style, Hashtable hashStyles, Hashtable hashOldParent) at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.FindOrCreateStyle(ExtendedFormatImpl format, ArrayList arrStyles, Hashtable hashStyles, Hashtable hashOldParent) at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.CreateAllStyles(ArrayList arrStyles, Hashtable hashStyles, Hashtable hashOldParent) at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.Parse(BiffReader reader, Boolean ignoreStyle) at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, String FileName, Boolean ignoreStyles) at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, String FileName) at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.ApplicationImpl.CreateWorkbook(Object parent, String strTemplateFile) at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.Collections.WorkbooksCollection.Open(String Filename) at ExcelReader.ExcelReader.Open(String ExcelPath) in C:\Proyectos\CodigoJSC\ExcelReader\ExcelReader\ExcelReader.vb:line 43 Please, do you know how to avoid this? Is there a way to read this excel without having this problem? May be a way to turn off the styles for a certain excelfile, or something like that... Thank you very much! Roberto Excel_Test_5160.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2005 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Roberto, This has been identified as a bug. I have filed a bug report with the development team and will try to get it fixed before the next release [July 11th]. Sorry for the inconvenience. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi! I''ve had an error while opening a sheet (see enclosed excel file), and the exception says it''s a style problem. > >This is stack dump I had when I had the error: > >System.ArgumentException: Collection already contains style with same names NotDeclared_5. > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.Collections.StylesCollection.Add(IStyle style) > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.CreateStyle(ExtendedFormatImpl format, StyleRecord style, Hashtable hashStyles, Hashtable hashOldParent) > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.FindOrCreateStyle(ExtendedFormatImpl format, ArrayList arrStyles, Hashtable hashStyles, Hashtable hashOldParent) > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.CreateAllStyles(ArrayList arrStyles, Hashtable hashStyles, Hashtable hashOldParent) > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.Parse(BiffReader reader, Boolean ignoreStyle) > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, String FileName, Boolean ignoreStyles) > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.WorkbookImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, String FileName) > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.ApplicationImpl.CreateWorkbook(Object parent, String strTemplateFile) > at Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Implementation.Collections.WorkbooksCollection.Open(String Filename) > at ExcelReader.ExcelReader.Open(String ExcelPath) in C:\Proyectos\CodigoJSC\ExcelReader\ExcelReader\ExcelReader.vb:line 43 > >Please, do you know how to avoid this? Is there a way to read this excel without having this problem? May be a way to turn off the styles for a certain excelfile, or something like that... > >Thank you very much! > > Roberto > > > >Excel_Test_5160.zip > >

RO Roberto Obispo July 1, 2005 10:29 AM UTC

Oh, ok, thanks. Please, let me know when it''s fixed as soon as possible! Best regards Roberto Obispo

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon