We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Variable row heights

This may have been covered before, but I couldn't find the solution in the archive. I have a grid that contains notes for an account. The columns are laid out on two "rows": "Date","Type","Reason","Creator",".","Text", "-", "-", "-" The columns Date, Creator and Text columns are static, and the remaining are ComboBox cells. I am manually setting the widths of the columns. What I want is for all of the text in the Text column to be displayed. To this end I have configured the GridBoundColumn like this: gbc = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBoundColumn(); gbc.MappingName = "Text"; gbc.HeaderText = "Note Text"; gbc.StyleInfo.CellType = "Static"; gbc.StyleInfo.AutoSize = true; gbc.StyleInfo.WrapText = true; Then once the DataSet has been filled, I call this method in my attempt to get the RowHeights adjusted: this.m_sdgAccountNotes.Model.RowHeights.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table(), GridResizeToFitOptions.NoShrinkSize); End result is that only a single line of text is shown regardless of the amount of text in the Text column for each row. What am I missing? Thanks, Sean

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2003 10:05 PM UTC

The multirowrecords rely on a covered cell pattern, and your resize call does not include the ResizeCoveredCell flag in the GridResizeToFit options that you passed in. So, that might be the problem. Try adding this flag in your ResizeToFit call. gridModel.RowHeights.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table(),GridResizeToFitOptions.ResizeCoveredCells|GridResizeToFitOptions.NoShrinkSize);

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon