We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Compile problem

After installing the trial software, I created a windows forms test project. I have the Syncfusion group on my toolbar. I drag an ComboBoxAutoComplete control onto the form, and then attempt to compile the project. I get this error: "The type or namespace name ''Windows'' does not exist in the class or namespace ''Test.Syncfusion'' (are you missing an assembly reference?)" The line of code in question is generated by the designer: private Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ComboBoxAutoComplete comboBoxAutoComplete1; I''ve tried rerunning the Assembly Manager utility, but that doesn''t fix the problem. Any ideas?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2005 11:01 AM UTC

Charlie, please check if the Syncfusion assemblies are referenced in your project (Syncfusion.Base.Shared, Syncfusion.Windows.Shared, Syncfusion.Base.Tools and Syncfusion.Windows.Tools). The references should have automatically been created the moment you drag the control onto your form. Not sure why that did not happen. Stefan >After installing the trial software, I created a windows forms test project. I have the Syncfusion group on my toolbar. I drag an ComboBoxAutoComplete control onto the form, and then attempt to compile the project. I get this error: > >"The type or namespace name ''Windows'' does not exist in the class or namespace ''Test.Syncfusion'' (are you missing an assembly reference?)" > >The line of code in question is generated by the designer: > >private Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ComboBoxAutoComplete comboBoxAutoComplete1; > >I''ve tried rerunning the Assembly Manager utility, but that doesn''t fix the problem. Any ideas?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon