We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Extreme Grid Performance

We are currently using the GridDataBoundGrid (binding to a dataset) but are in the process of changing to the GridControl in Virtual Grid mode using a custom thin XML parser and data source. I have two questions: * I have configured the GridControl in virtual mode but am getting sluggish updates with a lot of data coming through. I am using _grid.Refresh() to update the virtual grid every 2 seconds - is there a better option (i.e. only refresh the cells the client can actually see or does Refresh() do this implicitly?) * Is this the best grid option for *only* displaying a large amount of data (up to 60,000 cells)? No updates are necessary. We have been using the GridDataBoundGrid but the performance isn''t good enough for our needs - we are displaying up to 4 grids at once with some updating P&L for 2000 rows / 300 columns every 2 seconds. Seamas

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2005 08:50 PM UTC

Exactly what kind of work are you doing in QueryCellInfo to get th edata? Is it a simple indexed lookup in something like a DataTable? Or, is it something more involved? The code you have in QueryCellInfo determines for the most part the performance you will see. You can try calling grid.RefreshRange(grid.ViewLayout.VisibleCellsRange) to see if that works better for you. There is a sample, \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Performance\RefreshGrid, that shows ways to optimize the refreshing of the grid.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon