We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Symbol invalidate?

I have a custom symbol that contains a control node. When the user changes some settings in the UI, I invalidate the control that is contained in the symbol. This doesn''t cause the symbol to refresh in the view. Is there any way to refresh a single symbol? I''d rather not cause the entire diagram to refresh if I can avoid it. Thanks, -Jeff

4 Replies

JF Jeff Fansler June 21, 2005 06:58 PM UTC

As a side note... it''d be nice if there was an event off of the controlNode that was raised when the control has been activated and deactivated. >I have a custom symbol that contains a control node. When the user changes some settings in the UI, I invalidate the control that is contained in the symbol. This doesn''t cause the symbol to refresh in the view. > >Is there any way to refresh a single symbol? I''d rather not cause the entire diagram to refresh if I can avoid it. > >Thanks, > -Jeff

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2005 07:12 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, Because of Essential Diagram''s reliance on a background buffer for rendering the diagram model, there isn''t a way to redraw a single node. Any changes to a diagram would involve a complete redraw of the entire diagram. We are currently looking into ways to enhance diagram performance for complex models, and one of the options being considered is the ability to use non-buffered drawing. Once this feature has been added, we will definitely look into providing node level redrawing. For the time being you will have to use Model.UpdateViews() to refresh the entire diagram. I will go ahead and file a feature request for events that signal activation and deactivation of ControlNodes. We will do our best to provide this functionality in a future update of the product. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

JF Jeff Fansler June 22, 2005 07:34 PM UTC

Thanks Prakash, As usual, I really appreciate the quick response in these forums. It makes a big difference when choosing which tool vendor to go with. >I have a custom symbol that contains a control node. When the user changes some settings in the UI, I invalidate the control that is contained in the symbol. This doesn''t cause the symbol to refresh in the view. > >Is there any way to refresh a single symbol? I''d rather not cause the entire diagram to refresh if I can avoid it. > >Thanks, > -Jeff

JS Johann Schraml September 8, 2006 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Prakash,

I currently run into the problem that I have to update only parts of the diagram because of the performance. Do you consider to provide node level redrawing before long?

Many thanks,
Uli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon