We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SetDockLabel

Hi I am using Syncfusion 3.2.1.0. I have problems with the SetDockLabel. When I first create the DockingManager and intialise the docking state I use SetDockLabel to give each docked window a title. This title also appears on the tabs if the docking windows are tabbed. Everything is fine so far. The problem is when I come to update the titles. Calling SetDockLabel again does not appear to have any affect. I can set the docking window''s Text property but must subsequently call it''s Refresh method for the new title to paint. Also, the tab labels do not update until I float and re-dock the window. I am trying to produce the similar functionality to that of Visual Studio. E.g. When navigating from one project to another in Solution Explorer, the title of the docked window always includes the current project title and always leaves the tab label untouched. How can I do this using Syncfusion? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards Jason

4 Replies

JA Jason Allen June 21, 2005 10:33 AM UTC

I have now sorted this, my mistake. Thanks Jason >Hi > >I am using Syncfusion 3.2.1.0. I have problems with the SetDockLabel. When I first create the DockingManager and intialise the docking state I use SetDockLabel to give each docked window a title. This title also appears on the tabs if the docking windows are tabbed. > >Everything is fine so far. > >The problem is when I come to update the titles. Calling SetDockLabel again does not appear to have any affect. I can set the docking window''s Text property but must subsequently call it''s Refresh method for the new title to paint. Also, the tab labels do not update until I float and re-dock the window. > >I am trying to produce the similar functionality to that of Visual Studio. E.g. When navigating from one project to another in Solution Explorer, the title of the docked window always includes the current project title and always leaves the tab label untouched. How can I do this using Syncfusion? > >Any help would be greatly appreciated. > >Best Regards >Jason

DN David NG November 9, 2005 07:03 PM UTC

Hi, I''m having the same problem. How did you resolve it? Dave >I have now sorted this, my mistake. > >Thanks >Jason > >>Hi >> >>I am using Syncfusion 3.2.1.0. I have problems with the SetDockLabel. When I first create the DockingManager and intialise the docking state I use SetDockLabel to give each docked window a title. This title also appears on the tabs if the docking windows are tabbed. >> >>Everything is fine so far. >> >>The problem is when I come to update the titles. Calling SetDockLabel again does not appear to have any affect. I can set the docking window''s Text property but must subsequently call it''s Refresh method for the new title to paint. Also, the tab labels do not update until I float and re-dock the window. >> >>I am trying to produce the similar functionality to that of Visual Studio. E.g. When navigating from one project to another in Solution Explorer, the title of the docked window always includes the current project title and always leaves the tab label untouched. How can I do this using Syncfusion? >> >>Any help would be greatly appreciated. >> >>Best Regards >>Jason

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team November 10, 2005 10:00 AM UTC

Hi David, I am afraid, I was not able to reproduce the problem. Could you please modify this attached sample and send it over to me? and also please refer this KB article to change the DockLabel dynamically: "How to change the Dock Label of a docked control dynamically? " - http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=265 Please let me know if this is helps you. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. Regards, Vijay http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DockLabelChange.zip

DN David NG November 10, 2005 02:13 PM UTC

Hi, What I was trying to do was dynamically set the docklabels on the form load. This did not seem to work. Note that in the sample code the button changes the docklabel. This gives enough time for the dockmanager to load before it can be changed. I resolved my problem by changing the text on the NewDockStateEndLoad event. Dave >Hi David, > >I am afraid, I was not able to reproduce the problem. Could you please modify this attached sample and send it over to me? and also please refer this KB article to change the DockLabel dynamically: > > "How to change the Dock Label of a docked control dynamically? " - http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=265 > >Please let me know if this is helps you. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. > >Regards, >Vijay > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DockLabelChange.zip >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon