We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Relative formula cell references

Hi, This may seem like a basic question but I can’t get it to work and I can’t find an answer in the forums. ‘I create a cell at E4 grid(4,5).CellValue = 123 ‘I create a formula at E3 which references that cell grid(3,5).CellType = “FormulaCell” grid(3,5).Text = “=Sum(E4)” ‘When I do this grid.Model.Rows.InsertRange(3, 1) I get a circular reference error because cell E3 is now E4. How do I put in a relative cell reference in E3’s formula so that inserting/deleting rows will adjust the cell reference accordingly. Thanks

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 20, 2005 08:03 PM UTC

Try setting these flags to see if this makes things work better. dim engine As GridFormulaEngine = CType(this.gridControl1.CellModels("FormulaCell"), GridFormulaCellModel).Engine; engine.FormulaCopyFlags = engine.FormulaCopyFlags Or GridFormulaCopyFlags.InsDelRangeReferencesUpdated engine.FormulaCopyFlags = engine.FormulaCopyFlags OR GridFormulaCopyFlags.ClipBoardReferencesAdjusted

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 20, 2005 09:04 PM UTC

Thanks! That did the trick!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon