We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Update Exception

I get a "Grid in updating mode" exception occasionally when typing in the grid. I''m having difficultly tracking it down. Does anyone know what the grid is doing in "updating mode"? Is it doing something internal that I should be checking for? If it is can I get round it with something like if(!grid.inupdatemode) then{} OR is it something to do with grid.beginupdate() grid.endupdate() and me using it incorrectly? Thanks

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 20, 2005 09:09 AM UTC

There is a property, grid.Updating that indicates that a grid.BeginUpdate has been called, and that the terminating grid.EndUpdate has not yet been called. So, grid.Updating == true indicates that painting on the grid should be suspended at the present time. The exception you see is because something has caused grid.OnPaint to be called, when painting has been suspended, and this indicates something is not right. The most common reason for this problem is multiple thread issues. Are you trying to use mulitple threads? If so, are all calls into the grid protected by grid.InvoleRequired checks? If you post a call stack from this exception, that may (or may not if it is a threading issue) give some insight into this problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon