We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG, Adding Grouping Headers in a Grid

I have a GDBG that I fill from an SQL query. It is ordered by the CompanyID field. The grid header is made up of covered cells of three rows. When I fill the grid I want to add a single row for the company name, then the records that belong to that company. Then have this repeat for each company in the query. I am using Syncfusion Essential Suite 2.0.0.4 and am coding in VB.Net. I have tried to follow your Grouping demo in C#, but I am having no luck. The Grouping demo is the idea I would like to go in but do not want to use expand and collapse. I want it to be always expanded. Below is the format I wish the grid to be laid out in. Is there a way I can do this. ---------------------------------------------- header row 1 header row 2 header row 3 ---------------------------------------------- Company Name 1 ---------------------------------------------- record 1 row 1 row 2 row 3 record 2 row 1 row 2 row 3 ---------------------------------------------- Company Name 2 ---------------------------------------------- record 3 row 1 row 2 row 3 record 4 row 1 row 2 row 3 record 5 row 1 row 2 row 3 ---------------------------------------------- Company Name 3 ---------------------------------------------- record 6 row 1 row 2 row 3 record 7 row 1 row 2 row 3

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2005 01:20 AM UTC

You might be able to do this with a virtual GridControl, but it will be much, much easier if you upgrade to our latest release 3.2.1.0, and use the GridGroupingControl. Then you can group your records by CompanyName to get the display you want(this assume each record has an entry the refers to the companyname).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon