We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to make column fixed

I have a GGC form with many columns. I want to make the "ID" and "Description" column fixed when click horizontal scroll bar to scroll through the column. How can I do it? any sample? Thanks, Lan

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 16, 2005 08:17 PM UTC

In just a flat grid with no grouping, you can do this to freeze 2 columns. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Cols.FrozenCount = 2; For flat grouped columns, you would have to increase this number by 1 for each grouping.

LM Lan Mo June 17, 2005 01:27 PM UTC

Is there any build-in action, such as double-click or CTRL+Click on a column header, will make the column fixed? I am trying to figure out where to put your fix-column in? Thanks, >In just a flat grid with no grouping, you can do this to freeze 2 columns. > >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Cols.FrozenCount = 2; > > >For flat grouped columns, you would have to increase this number by 1 for each grouping.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2005 03:00 PM UTC

We have no UI to do this. Can you do it when the grid loads?

LM Lan Mo June 17, 2005 03:15 PM UTC

Yes, I can do it in grid loading. If GGC have a built-in function(GUI) to let user dynamicly to select columns to fix, that would be great for GGC with large number of columns. Thanks for help. >We have no UI to do this. Can you do it when the grid loads?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon