In the Essential tools documentation there is a reference to an example with a databound treeview. However, I can not find this project in the samples folder. Is this example available for download somewhere?
The databound example looks like it has a fixed number of levels defined by the grouping columns of the table. If I have a data table with a relation onto itself, this defines a tree with an arbitrary number of levels. Is it possible to bind the Syncfusion treeview control such a table, and use it to display and edit the hierarchical structure provided by the table?
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team June 14, 2005 04:32 PM
Here is the databound TreeViewAdv sample and the required library.
Steps on how to use the sample:
1) TreeViewAdvDataBound_Lib has the implementation for the databound tree. TreeViewAdvDataBound_Demo has a sample that shows how this is used.
2) The contents of these files are in a subfolder in the zip files. When you unzip do so keeping the subfolders side-by-side.
3) Open the TreeViewAdvDataBound_Demo solution. This should have a reference to both the above projects.
4) Compile and run the solution before opening any designers.
5) Now close VS.Net and re-open the solution. You can now open the form in the sample, in the designer.
6) Take a look at the "Data" category of the tree control for some pertinent properties.
7) Our Tools User''''s Guide should also include a lot of information about this control (TreeViewAdvDataBound).
LSLori S. PearsallJuly 7, 2005 10:45 PM
This sample interests me. What version of Essential Tools is needed to support it? I''m currently running 18.104.22.168.
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2005 10:25 AM
I''m pretty sure that this sample was originally created in v2, so it should work fine.
However, please be aware that this sample requires both a Grid and Tools license.