We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

which event I can catch when the grid finish updating data?

Which event I can catch when the grid finish updating data? Basically I want to calculate how much time does the grid cost to populate data from Data View. Thanks!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2005 06:27 AM UTC

Hi, if it is a GridGroupingControl then you can check the time it needs by forcing the grid to populate the records. This can be done by checked grid.Table.Records.Count as an example. E.g. int time = Environment.TickCount; grid.DataSource = ds; int count = grid.Table.Records.Count; // will initialize the records. int elapsedTime = Environment.TickCount - time; For a grid databound grid the records will be initialized the moment you set the datasource. int time = Environment.TickCount; grid.DataSource = ds; // will initialize the records. int elapsedTime = Environment.TickCount - time; See also this thread if you are interested in specific load-time optimizations for the grouping grid: http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=26047. We have a sample ready that we can provide if you are interested in this. Stefan >Which event I can catch when the grid finish updating data? > >Basically I want to calculate how much time does the grid cost to populate data from Data View. > >Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon