We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Serialization of grouping grid

I use WriteXmlSchema to serialize the grouping grid. This basically works fine, but I noticed that the status of the grouping panel (shown/not shown) was not serialized. This is a bit strange since the status of the new record row and filter bar row was serialized nicely. Is there an option that I can set to have serialization of the grouping panel also, or has this property been forgotten?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2005 06:18 AM UTC

Hi Kjetil, It is missing because it is originally not part of the engine schema. GridEngine does not know about the GroupingControl specific properties. Same goes for the following properties: ShowNavigationBar, IntelliMousePanning, ThemesEnabled, BorderStyle, HorizontalScrollTips, HorizontalThumbTrack, VerticalScrollTips, VerticalThumbTrack, ShowNavigationBarToolTips, RightToLeft But it is a bit odd and we will figure out a good way to accommodate these properties, maybe even make them part of the engine object. I attached a sample with a GridGroupingControlSerializeState class that lets you serialize both the ShowGroupDropArea, ShowNavigationBar and Engine into one xml file. Use this class for now. You can also add your own additionoal properties there if you have a use for that. GridGroupingControlSerializeState.zip Stefan >I use WriteXmlSchema to serialize the grouping grid. This basically works fine, but I noticed that the status of the grouping panel (shown/not shown) was not serialized. This is a bit strange since the status of the new record row and filter bar row was serialized nicely. Is there an option that I can set to have serialization of the grouping panel also, or has this property been forgotten?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 12, 2005 01:34 PM UTC

I used the provided example which worked fine. I think I actually prefer this approach since it is easy to add aditional properties to the file. I added a property containing a list with the the expansion state for each group in the grid, as discussed in a previous example. Thus, the expansion state is serialized along with the rest, which I think is very nice. Thanks a lot for your help, Stefan.

RA Ranjit June 22, 2005 03:59 PM UTC

Stefan, I am extending the GridGroupingControl. And currently I wish to serailize the attributes (provided by the base control and those added by me). Currently I am trying to serialize the control and I get teh following exception: "Cannot serialize member System.ComponentModel.Component.Site of type System.ComponentModel.ISite because it is an interface." If you could send me a sample to do this, would be of help. Regards, Ranjit

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 24, 2005 06:42 PM UTC

Hi Ranjit, Attached find a sample that has a custom property in a derived GroupingEngine object and serializes this engine together with the derived object. CustomSectionInGroupWithSerializeCustomProp.zip Stefan >Stefan, > >I am extending the GridGroupingControl. And currently I wish to serailize the attributes (provided by the base control and those added by me). > >Currently I am trying to serialize the control and I get teh following exception: "Cannot serialize member System.ComponentModel.Component.Site of type System.ComponentModel.ISite because it is an interface." > >If you could send me a sample to do this, would be of help. > >Regards, >Ranjit

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon