We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Urgent: please help

Hi, This is continuation of the following thread http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=29842 I have a bigger problem. Please do help. If first time my grid retrieve the records where there are 5 or more levels than if I try to retrieve the records where there are only 3 levels then my grid doesn’t display anything. And if I commented out the following code this.gdbgMeritSummaryGrid.ExpandAll(); this.gdbgMeritSummaryGrid.CollapseAll(); Then it works fine the only thing is that grid doesn’t get expanded & populated automatically. Atit,

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2005 05:51 PM UTC

Without a sample to try to debug the problem, I can only make a limited number of suggestions. Maybe this is a timing problem. Try putting a timer at teh end of form.load that fires atfter, say 100 ticks. Then in the event handler, turn off the timer and dispose it, and call ExpandAll/CollapseAll there. Other things ot try. If you do ExpandAll without teh CollapseAll, do things work? If you can upload a sample where we can see teh problem, we can try to find a solution.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2005 06:04 PM UTC

Your suggestion just helped me found the problem. In case of multiple more levels the header count is big and I just show only one row all the rows have RowHeights=0 . How can I reset the rows height to default? Atit,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2005 06:10 PM UTC

The following code the job. this.gdbgMeritSummaryGrid.Model.ResetRowHeightEntries(); Thanks a lot. Atit,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2005 04:17 PM UTC

This is regrading the + sign on the very last level within a box and if I click on it box doesn’t go away. Since it is the last level it shouldn’t show the + & the box. I guess I know the problem but I don’t know the solution. Since my grid rows don’t have fixed level of hierarchy. So let’s say 3rd level is last level for some rows but for some rows it has child. So basically for some rows hierarchy goes up to 3rd level only while for other rows it goes up to 4,5, 6 level.. Does it make any sense to you? Atit

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 11, 2005 08:56 AM UTC

I modified the sample I sent you so some of the related child tables were empty, and I can see a redraw problem where the plus/minus cell does paint fully so it does not go away. In my case, I could work around this problem by adding this line at th ebottom of the RowExpanded event. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Cell(e.RowIndex, 1));

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2005 04:18 PM UTC

it si still not working for me. Do you mind posting modified sample where it is working for you? Atit

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2005 04:59 PM UTC

If you open 1 and then open then next 1, I see a drawing problem in this sample. If I uncomment the line at the bottom of RowExpanded, then the problem goes away for me. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_DynamicHier_95c46e55.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2005 05:16 PM UTC

I found a small difference in your sample code and the suggestion. It is working similar to your sample now. Still i (my users) see a small problem. Why there is a + sing if it doesn’t have any child? Personally I have no problem with the way it is working but, my users are creating an issue out of it. Your sample also has same problem. Atit

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2005 06:54 PM UTC

If you are dynamically loading the children, you do not know whether there are in fact any children until you try to load them (ie, when you click the plus/minus).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon