We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Right-Clicking and focus

Sometimes a rightclick will give a cell focus, and sometimes not. What's the expected behavior? Thanks!

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2003 02:39 PM UTC

I would expect the left and right click to do more or less the same with repect to activating a cell. Of course, if you are handing certain events or setting a property that would affect the click or cell activation, then this behavior could change. Can you provide a sample showing different behavior between a right click and a left click? It might be a bug, or it may be by design depending upon exactly what the context is.

JC Jack Carter February 26, 2003 06:10 PM UTC

I use the right click to pop up a context menu. I just handle the MouseDown event in the parent control. It works great. > Sometimes a rightclick will give a cell focus, and sometimes not. What's the expected behavior? Thanks!

RA robert amaio May 6, 2003 07:02 PM UTC

how do you use the right click to pop up a context menu. Do you use the context menu property or did you custom code it? > I use the right click to pop up a context menu. I just handle the MouseDown event in the parent control. It works great. > > > > > Sometimes a rightclick will give a cell focus, and sometimes not. What's the expected behavior? Thanks! >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2003 08:31 PM UTC

Try setting this property which controls what mouse buttons select cells. It defaults to the left buttom, but you can include the right button as well. Me.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Options.SelectCellsMouseButtonsMask = Me.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Options.SelectCellsMouseButtonsMask Or MouseButtons.Right

SE sethuramanV May 19, 2003 04:28 AM UTC

i have a problem with context menus. I am using a treeView in which i have a context menu and the checkbox property is set to true. I populate a dataGrid after clicking on the context menu. When i return to the treeView, i notice a strange problem. Even if i click on the left mouse button the mouse button is always set to MouseButtons.Right.(clicking on the checkbox of the corresponding node) Everything goes fine after i click on the node once instead of the corresponding checkbox which i dont want to do. Please help me in this regard. Regards.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon