We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to display the value of a NumericUpDown Cell in Hex, Dec, Oct and Bin formats?

Hi, I have a gridControl that has a NumericUpDown cell, I need to show the value in Hex format(0x1d2c), Decimal format(234), Octal format(343) or binary format(010101) according to user preference, how can I do this? Thanks -Dongxian Li

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2005 12:10 AM UTC

You will have to derive a cell control to manage this. I do not have a sample for this, but here is a link to derived cell numericupdown that supports decimal increments. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/fractionnumericupdown.zip This shows how you can tweak the behavior using s derived numericupdown celltype.

ER Eric June 22, 2006 03:07 AM UTC

Hi, I used this model and it works fine. But the problem is we can''t type in decimal values into this control (up down button works fine but user sometimes may overtype a decimal number in), is that anyway we can support this as well? Million thx! Eric >Hi, >I have a gridControl that has a NumericUpDown cell, I need to show the value in Hex format(0x1d2c), Decimal format(234), Octal format(343) or binary format(010101) according to user preference, how can I do this? > >Thanks >-Dongxian Li >

ER Eric June 22, 2006 03:11 AM UTC

Hi, I used this model and it works fine. But the problem is we can''t type in decimal values into this control (up down button works fine but user sometimes may overtype a decimal number in), is that anyway we can support this as well? Million thx! Eric >Hi, >I have a gridControl that has a NumericUpDown cell, I need to show the value in Hex format(0x1d2c), Decimal format(234), Octal format(343) or binary format(010101) according to user preference, how can I do this? > >Thanks >-Dongxian Li >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2006 07:13 PM UTC

Hi Eric, Could you try this code to accept the decimal Keystrokes in a FractionNumericUpDown Cell. Here is a code snippet //in FNumericUpDownCellRenderer class protected override void OnKeyPress(System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs e) { base.OnKeyPress(e); //digits only in column2 if(!char.IsDigit(e.KeyChar)) { if( e.KeyChar != ''.'' ) e.Handled = true; } } Here is a modified sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/FractionNumericUpDown_797cf5a.zip Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon