We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

InitializeDropDownContainer

I''m trying to create a drop down user control from a cell in a virtual grid. I''ve based my cell model and renderer on the model and renderer from the DropDownFormAndUserControl sample. However, the overriden InitializeDropDownContainer() method is never being called. I''ve registered the model with the parent grid in its constructor (added to CellModels) and I''m setting the CellType and CellValue for the cell I want to drop down in the QueryCellInfo method. The cell draws a button that I can click, but nothing seems to happen... Do you have any ideas where the problem may lie? Thanks!

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 7, 2005 06:23 PM UTC

Does the cell have a style.Enabled = false for some reason? If so, this would cause a problem. You might place stops in your renderer''s / model''s constructor just to see if they are being hit as expected. If you can upload a sample project showing the problem, maybe we can spot it here.

MW Mike Woolley June 8, 2005 09:46 AM UTC

Solved it! My grid was overriding OnCurrentCellActivating() and setting the column index to 0. This causes the call to HasCurrentCellAt(r, c) in GridDropDownCellImp to fail...

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon