We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Persist Expanded Group Levels

Hi, I have a grouping grid, in which I frequently switch from having groups, to having no groups, and back again. What I need to do is persist the state of what was last expanded so, when I switch back to having groups, the same levels are still expanded. Is there any way of doing this, or am I going to have to do the hard yards and do it all manually

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 7, 2005 09:12 AM UTC

I think you will have to handle this yourself. Doing this for a single grouped column at a time (no nested groups) is probably a modest stroll instead of hard yards. You could iterate through the collection of groups and save a list of the ones that are expanded. Here is a little sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_PersistGroupExpansion_47066060.zip But to handle this for arbitrary nested groups will require you to turn this into a recursive algorithm which adds some complexity.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon