We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SQL Configurator

Hello, Right now I''m using the legacy edit control, but I would like to switch. I need to use SQL in my edit control. I know for VB I can use: editControl1.ResetColoring(this.editControl1.Configurator.GetLanguage("vb")); Is there one for SQL? Or how can I get syntax highlighting for SQL? Thanks for any help. Thanks, Nick

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2005 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Nick, Currently, the EditControl (the new v3.0 Edit) has built-in syntax highlighting support for Pascal, HTML, VB.NET, XML, and C#. We intend to add support for other common languages like C++, Java, JScript, SQL, PL/SQL, VB.NET, IDL, MFC, and VBScript in near future (feature request# 90). The configuration file used for syntax highlighting is XML based and can be easily created as illustrated in the Custom Configuration File Demo sample in the folder ....\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Edit.Windows\Samples\CustomConfigFileDemo. The Edit users guide also provides detailed information on creating custom configuration files. Please refer to the section Configuration Settings >> Creating a Custom Language Configuration File. You might want to take a look at the configuration file used in the KeywordFormattingDemo sample in the directory ....\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Edit.Windows\Samples\KeywordFormattingDemo for this purpose. It uses a configuration file that supports a SQL like language. Let me know if you need me any other information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2005 06:49 PM UTC

Hi Nick, The EditControl now offers in-built syntax highlighting configuration settings for SQL and PL/SQL and you could load these settings into EditControl as shown below : /* Using the KnownLanguages enumerator */ this.editControl1.ApplyConfiguration(KnownLanguages.SQL); Let me know if you need any other information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SG Steve Graddy August 27, 2005 10:41 PM UTC

Hi Guru, I too need to use the SQL syntax configuration. I am running the v3.3 Release Candidate but I do not see this as a property. Can you give me further information please... Steve Graddy MCP, MCAD.Net Orgbrat Consulting

SG Steve Graddy August 27, 2005 10:46 PM UTC

Hi Guru, I am getting the error : Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl'' does not contain a definition for ''ApplyConfiguration'' Is there a newer build that I need to be using. Steve Graddy MCP, MCAD.Net Orgbrat Consulting

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 28, 2005 05:12 PM UTC

Hi Steve, The new API - ApplyConfiguration did not make it into v3.3 RC due the code freeze. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download information for our latest internal build containing this feature. I have also attached a copy of the latest Essential Edit Users Guide here. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon