We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tab order issue with Multiple Custom Controls

I am having trouble with controling tab order when using multiple custom controls. Specifically I have a form that has 3 custom controls (that I wrote) and a series of buttons. One of the custom controls has in it anouther custom control. All the custom controls have items managed by using panels. Here is a rough example of what I am talking about. Control 1: Has a drop down, a data grid and a buttons. I have the tab order set (0)Drop Down, (1)Data Grid, (2)Button. Control 2: Has a check box, a drop down, two text box, a “Control 1”, and set of radio buttons on a panel. I have the tab order set to (0)check box,(1)drop down, (2) Radio buttons, (3) text box #1, (4)”Control 1”, (5) textbox #2. Control 3: Has a data grid only. I have the tab order set to (0) Data grid. Control 4: Has a check box, a drop down (#1),a set of radio buttons on a panel, a drop down (#2), and a text box. I have the tab order set to (0)Check box, (1)Drop Down #1, (2)Radio Buttons, (3)Drop Down #2, (4)text Box Form: Has Control 2, Control 3, Control 4, and 4 buttons. I have tab order set to (0)Conrtol 2,(1)Control 3, (2)Control 4, then the buttons in order (3 – 7). When the application runs, I start in Control 2 tab index 0. I can tab through item 1 and 2, but I loose the focus indicator when I try to tab to go to item 3. If I start on control 4 the tab from index 0 takes me to the buttons of the form. I am using Syncfusion 3.0.1.0 Thanks Ben Waters Scottsdale City Court

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 5, 2005 05:39 PM UTC

Hi Ben, make sure all your controls have TabStop = true set. If that is not the problem do you have a sample project that demonstrates the issue? Thanks, Stefan >I am having trouble with controling tab order when using multiple custom controls. Specifically I have a form that has 3 custom controls (that I wrote) and a series of buttons. One of the custom controls has in it anouther custom control. All the custom controls have items managed by using panels. Here is a rough example of what I am talking about. > >Control 1: >Has a drop down, a data grid and a buttons. >I have the tab order set (0)Drop Down, (1)Data Grid, (2)Button. > >Control 2: >Has a check box, a drop down, two text box, a “Control 1”, and set of radio buttons on a panel. >I have the tab order set to (0)check box,(1)drop down, (2) Radio buttons, (3) text box #1, (4)”Control 1”, (5) textbox #2. > >Control 3: >Has a data grid only. I have the tab order set to (0) Data grid. > >Control 4: >Has a check box, a drop down (#1),a set of radio buttons on a panel, a drop down (#2), and a text box. >I have the tab order set to (0)Check box, (1)Drop Down #1, (2)Radio Buttons, (3)Drop Down #2, (4)text Box > >Form: >Has Control 2, Control 3, Control 4, and 4 buttons. >I have tab order set to (0)Conrtol 2,(1)Control 3, (2)Control 4, then the buttons in order (3 – 7). > >When the application runs, I start in Control 2 tab index 0. I can tab through item 1 and 2, but I loose the focus indicator when I try to tab to go to item 3. If I start on control 4 the tab from index 0 takes me to the buttons of the form. > >I am using Syncfusion 3.0.1.0 > >Thanks >Ben Waters >Scottsdale City Court

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon